ALBURY WODONGA MOTORCYCLE ENTHUSIASTS CLUB INC.
Incorporated 2015 (Vic) Cert No. A0091002P ABN 36 359 421 929
PO Box 1400, Albury NSW 2640 www.AWMEC.com.au
Minutes of Membership Meeting
Minutes of AWMEC membership general meeting held at Wodonga RSL on 23rd March 2021.
Meeting was opened by Steve Short (President) at 8.00 PM.
Malcolm Anderson (Secretary), Maugan Redden, Andrew Davies, Brian Baker, Mike Yerbury, Trevor Bruce, John Bullock. Ray Matheson, Craig Wilson, Paul Lefoe
Number of Members Present (As per Register)
Members 44 Visitors 1
Membership Officer’s Report – Glenn Kimpton, Membership Officer Report as per repot to AGM
Previous Minutes (February 23rd 2021 meeting)
As previously circulated by email
Business Arising from Previous Minutes
No business arising.
Editor/Web Manager’s Report
Welfare Officer’s Report – Mike Yerbury – Club Welfare Officer
No report (Mike away)
- PO Box renewal invoice $136
Treasurer’s Report – David Lutton, Treasurer
Closing balance $19725.66
January income; $230.55 raffle, $494.00 memberships Total $724.55 January expenditure; $136.00 PO Box, $70.00 internet Dongle, $1000.00 Cancer Support Group Donation Totals $1206.00
Ride and Rally Reports – Stewie Mclean, Ride Committee Chair
- Corryong Walwa Tintaldra ride 3 riders
- Coffee Ride to Rutherglen 12 riders, 4 plated bikes
- Thowgla for demonstration of fire pump – 16 riders, 10 plated bikes • Reminder of Lakes Entrance ride next weekend
- Col Broster mentioned Swanpool motor show & said was good value
- Col Broster asked if the new Committee would consider reading the previous minutes at each meeting
- Bill Brennan commented favourably on the donation to Thowgla fire services
Guest Speaker or Project Bike
Members wishing to present a project bike or guest speaker at a club meeting should contact Kelly Coutts-Smith (0458 179 411) to arrange a presentation time. Text is the best way to contact Kelly as she is not always able to take phone calls during the day due to work. Email is also ok – Kelly’s email is email@example.com
Items currently available for purchase are sew on badges, stubby holders, and machine badges & new caps.
NOTE – Embroidery Creations at 426 Wilson Street, Albury, can provide polo shirts bearing the AWMEC logo.
Clubman (person) of the year – votes were taken on secret ballot at last meeting Stewie McLean was announced as Clubman of the year (very popular choice)
Whiteboard (Sponsored by Flack Engineering)
- Triumph 650 Bonneville 1972? And Yamaha 900 TDM – contact Dave Sinclair 0419 985 556
- Honda 90 AG bike G.C. $750; Moto Guzzi Le Mans Mk4 $8,500; Yamaha 80cc road bike $750 – contact Paul Hare 0438 265 433
- TT350 Yamaha Trail Bike pre 1990 model for NSW club plates, going or not – contact Adrian 0438 281 721
- Kawasaki GPZ 900 fuel tank – contact Geoff 0400 920 278
First Prize – Tool kit & 2x Red wine – Won by Evelyn Male, passed back re drawn to Dexter Cobbin
Second Prize – 2 bottles of wine – Won by Allan Purcell
The raffle raised $200.00 gross (i.e. cost of prizes yet to be deducted for net contribution)
Tuesday 27 April 2021 – Wodonga RSL rooms. 8.00pm.
The meeting was closed at 8.22pm by Steve Short.