2021-05-06 Minutes of Committee Meeting

Committee Meeting – Albury Wodonga Motorcycle Enthusiasts Club (Inc)
Date 6 May 2021
Time 7.08 PM
Venue Kooka Brotha’s Office, 6 Moloney Drive, Wodonga
Michael Sarroff, Sam Trabant, Phil Stuckey, Mike Yerbury, Glenn Kimpton,
Dave Lutton, George Stahl, Doug Cowey
1.Apologies: Paul Bullock
1.Previous Minutes 21/4/21. (Sam)
Moved Sam Trabant
Seconded Dave Lutton – Carried
1.Business arising from previous minutes.
Michael has resolved the email issues we need to ensure that only
authorised people can send group email. Committee thanked Michael for his
prompt action on that matter.
1.Filling Presidents position
Roger has notified Phil Stuckey that he will decline the president’s role.
Phil Stucky has offered to take on the position of President for this year.
After short discussion it was agreed that as Vice President Phil Stuckey can
Assume the role of President Moved Sam Trabant
Seconded Doug Cowey – Carried.
Vacancy for the Vice Presidents role – Graeme Male has offered to take on
VP role.
Phil Stuckey moved that we put it to the membership that we are looking for
someone to come into the VP role with the aim of considering taking on the
Second George Stahl – Carried.
1.General Meeting venue, situation & options
RSL requires 20 meals or no catering and starting the meetings at 7.00pm.
RSL have applied an open meals plan for their members up until 8pm in an
attempt to increase catering numbers – They will trial this for 3 months and
will review the catering after that time.
The committee moved that we continue with the RSL arrangement and
encourage members to have a meal and wait for the determination of the
Moved Phil Stuckey
Seconded Glenn Kimpton – Carried
1.Membership Officers report on last years members not attending (Glenn)
Ross Riley has arranged to attend the ride on the 25th.
Discussion around new members not attending meetings or rides – We can’t
avoid the rules we are governed by.
1.Treasurer’s report on Club insurance situation (David)
Insurance correspondence in has our insurance signed off and covered
without issue. May need to go into next membership number bracket (200 to
300) for October policy renewal.
Discussion around donations to charities – Phil Stuckey to complete the
policy document and distribute to the members to clarify our policy and
procedures regarding donations.
Sam to re-circulate the policy document as it stands.
1.Update on website & emails (Michael) – are the 3 club emails set up &
Phil, George, Mike and Sam to meet with Michael to go through the
structure and content of the website at a time to be advised.
1.Additional Office Bearer positions becoming part of the Management
Committee in place of Ordinary Members (from previous minutes)
That the additional members to the committee at the AGM be made up of
the following positions rather than just ordinary members: Bike register & Vic
Roads/RMS; Web Manager and editor; Welfare and fellowship officer; Club
Constitution and rules officer.
Moved – Dave Lutton
Seconded – Mike Yerbury
1.Signatures on bank & VicRoads forms
Hume bank needs my member number – 630876
1.General Business
Dave Lutton proposed that items from 1 Jan 201go 8 – 30 June 2018 be
added to the rally ledger to correct the account. NB this does not change the
end amount.
Seconded – Sam Trabant
Membership suggestion box to determine which direction the members
would like the club to develop or activities the members would like
participate in. Secretary to collect and manage the suggestion box.
Moved Glenn Kimpton
Seconded Michael Yerbury
1.Next meeting and meeting close
Feedback via email with respect to policy document.
Meeting closed 8:56pm