ALBURY WODONGA MOTORCYCLE ENTHUSIASTS CLUB INC.
Incorporated 2015 (Vic) Cert No. A0091002P ABN 36 359 421 929
PO Box 1400, Albury NSW 2640 www.AWMEC.com.au
Committee Meeting Minutes – Albury Wodonga Motorcycle Enthusiasts Club (Inc) Date Tuesday 26 October 2021
Time 7.00 PM
Venue Virtual meeting by Zoom set up by Secretary Sam
Sam Trabant (Secretary), Phil Stuckey (President & Constitution & Rules Officer), Michael Sarroff (Vice President & Web Manager & Editor), David Lutton (Treasurer), Glenn Kimpton (Membership Officer), Mike Yerbury (Welfare & Fellowship Officer), George Stahl (Committee Member)
- Apologies – nil (Paul & Doug may have had difficulty with the Zoom link) 3. Previous Minutes 22/7/21. Moved Sam, seconded Michael S – passed
- Business arising from previous minutes.
- Ratification of Clubs new policy Document – passed with amendment to clause 2.1. on 27/7/21 by Committee members by email and is now adopted as AWMWC Club Policy Document
- Thank you card sent to Nowacki’s by Mike Y
- Asset register – listed below
- Motion ‘As we have not been able to hold a meeting or rides since June (rides now resumed), the Club will remove the participation requirement for this year (2021) but to return to normal requirement of participation in minimum of two Club activities for members accessing the Club Plate system through AWMEC in 2022’
moved George; Seconded David – passed
- Policy on future meetings re vaccination requirements, access etc; This issue was discussed by the Committee and agreed that we will be guided by State Government requirements as apply on either side of the border and the requirements of venues that we are attending.
- Confirmation of Club Christmas party dates, venues & organiser; Agreed to aim to hold the Christmas lunch on Sunday December 12th (as listed on the ride calendar) and also agreed to hold it in NSW as NSW government had indicated that vaccination would not be required from December 1st (in case we have members who have not been able to receive double vaccination by then). Agreed to ask Graeme Male & the Fundraising Committee to organise the lunch again. The Committee also agreed that as we have been unable to hold any Club supported events this year and Treasurer confirms sufficient funds, the Club would pay up to $30.00 p.h. for members meal (non-members to pay their own way) and also approved up to $800.00 for the Fundraising Committee to spend on gifts for those attending & decorations.
Moved Michael S; Seconded Mike Y – passed
- Facebook pages with names similar to ours causing potential confusion. Report by Web Manager & Editor, Michael Sarroff;
Concerns have been raised over two Facebook riding groups operating in the local area with names very similar to Albury Wodonga Motorcycle Enthusiasts Club. One group which was called Albury/Wodonga Weekend Riders changed
their name to Albury/Wodonga Motorcycle Enthusiasts in April 2021 but Michael S approached their administrator who agreed to change their name to Albury/Wodonga Motorcycle Group from October 2021 to avoid confusion with us. The other group is called is called Albury/Wodonga Motorcycle Riders And Enthusiast’s Group which is also very similar to our name however this name has been used as their Facebook name since 2011 which was several years before AWMEC was formed so we have no grounds to ask them to change it.
Michael has set up and activated a new Facebook page for AWMWC called www.facebook.com/AWMEC. This page is now active and all members active on Facebook are invited to get involved (this page will be managed & closely monitored by our Web Manager & Editor).
- Asset register progress – as per policy doc (David)
David reported that he has completed the Clubs asset register and will circulate it to the Committee
George advised that he has spoken to the Talgarno Hall representatives and they would be happy to put on a Club BBQ with sufficient notice (min 3 weeks) at reasonable price (to be arranged). Mike Y will raise this with the Ride Committee who will liaise with George to organise for January or February 2022.
11.Meeting closed 8pm, Next meeting to be advised.