ALBURY WODONGA MOTORCYCLE ENTHUSIASTS CLUB INC.
Incorporated 2015 (Vic) Cert No. A0091002P ABN 36 359 421 929
PO Box 1400, Albury NSW 2640 www.AWMEC.com.au
General Meeting – Albury Wodonga Motorcycle Enthusiasts Club (Inc) MINUTES
Date: 23 November 2021
Venue: Wodonga RSL Club
Meeting opened at 8pm by President Phil Stuckey
- Welcome & Attendees (as per attendees register)
Members: 73 Visitors: 4
Bill Brennan, Kevin Star, Sam Trabant, Rod Pritchard, Kate Thomas, Paul Adams, Adam Greenwood, David Johnston, Col Broster, Lyell Williamson, Andrew de Vries, John Bullock
- Previous Minutes
Minutes of General Meeting June 22, 2021
Moved: Bruce Phemister Seconded: Michael Sarroff – carried
Minutes of Management Committee Meeting October 26 2021 presented
- Business Arising from Previous Minutes
- Meal voucher proposal – has been finalised but due to interruptions in meetings this year will postpone to next year
- Vic Roads proposal to change Permit Scheme bikes to 30 years hasn’t happened, remains at 25 years.
- Correspondence (In and Out)
As the treasurer was a late apology there was no correspondence report
- Membership Officer’s Report: Glenn Kimpton, Membership Officer
Started with 205 members
4 new members tonight
209 members at end of meeting
Moved: Glenn Seconded: Kelly Coutts-Smith – carried
2022 Membership fees now due & to be paid by 31/12/21
- New member introductions:
Craig Williams no 292, Ian Smith no 293, Renai Devriendt no 294, Earl Devriendt no 295 8. Treasurer’s Report: David Lutton, Treasurer
Opening Balance 1/10/21 $20,298.75 Closing Balance $ 20,368.75 at 31/10/21
David gave details of income & expenditure for June to October – Club liability insurance $1,583.02 was paid in November
Moved: David Lutton Seconded: Mark Lennon – carried
Income & expenditure Spread sheet available to members on request
- Editor/Web Manager’s Report: Michael Sarroff, Web Manager/Editor
Michael said that we had had 140 hits on our web site. Article on Norton HQ worth looking at. For sale section to be updated as per Club policy
new Club Facebook page at www.facebook.com/AWMEC , for those on Facebook, get involved & make contributions. Michael pointed out that any relevant Club information would be on the Clubs web site as well as Facebook page for those not using Facebook.
Moved: Michael Seconded: Raff Gangi – carried
10.Welfare Officer’s Report: Michael Yerbury, Welfare Officer
Len McCullum is at tonight’s meeting for the first time after his accident last year, Len was welcomed back.
Neil Dickenson also at tonight’s meeting after undergoing major surgery. Moved: Mike Seconded: Chris Brosolo – carried
11.Ride & Rally Report: Stewie Mclean, Ride Committee Chair
- Several mid-week coffee runs since restrictions eased have been well attended • First reinstated ride to Corryong for lunch had 18 bikes & 20 people
- Ride to Myrtleford had 12 bikes
- Doug Cowie reported on Vintage club rally in the local area
- Next ride this weekend 28/11
- Postponed weekend ride to Jindabyne on December 4th & 5th
Moved: Stewie Seconded: Neil Hillas – carried
- Committee at October 26th meeting voted to suspend participation requirements again for 2021, will re commence next year 2022. Not being vaccinated or having authorised exemption will not be considered a valid reason for not meeting participation requirements.
- Club Christmas Party on Sunday December 19th at Howlong Golf Club 12 md. Club is paying for meals for members, cost to non-members is $30, drinks at bar prices. Graeme & Fundraising committee organising, bookings essential to Graeme by Friday 10/12
- Rod Pritchards Honda CX500 modified was stolen last night – please keep an eye out • Clubs new Policy Document – Phil presented the Policy Document & summarised key sections of the document – there were no questions or comments.
Moved: Phil Stuckey Seconded: Kelly Coutts-Smith – carried
Stubbie Holders: $8
Sew on Patches: $10
Machine Badges: $20
NOTE: Embroidery Creations at 426 Wilson St, Albury can provide polo shirts bearing the AWMEC logo.
14.Guest Speaker / Show and tell:
Peter Leddin displayed his Raleigh 500 rebuilt with the help of a number of club members over 17 years – the finished bike is a great tribute to Peter & those who assisted.
Roger McGregor presented & discussed three products that he has found useful in restoration work – Penetrol rust treatment; Glyptal engine paint & sealer for painting internals of castings etc; Electroless Nickel is a spray on nickel coating not requiring electrolysis.
Members wishing to present a project bike or guest speaker at a club meeting should contact Kelly Coutts-Smith (0458 179 411) to arrange a presentation time. Text is the best way to contact Kelly as she is not always able to take phone calls during the day due to work. Email is also ok – Kelly’s email is firstname.lastname@example.org
15.Whiteboard: (Sponsored by Flack Engineering)
Under the Clubs Policy, listed items will stay on the Whiteboard & Website for 3 months after which they will be removed unless the advertiser advises the Secretary or Web Manager that the item/s is still available/wanted
- Moto Guzzi 1968 V7 700 $21,500 – contact Terry Gay 0408 625 985 • Torque jacket with lining GTOF $80 – contact Bill Brennan 0458 294 237 • TDM 900 G.C. $3,000 – contact Dave Sinclair 0419 985 556
- None currently listed
Raised $291.50 gross Club Regalia sales: $110.00
First – Doug Flack – spanners
Second – Kevin Corneliusen – tool pro socket set
Third – Stewie McLean – wine
Fourth – Clint Van De Stadt – wine
Additional prize donated by Dam Classic Racing – Greg Parish – Tie downs won by Ross Edwards
17.Meeting Close and Next Meeting
Closed: 9.09 PM
Next event: Club Christmas Party December 19th Howlong Golf Club
Next General Meeting: 25 January 2022, RSL club Wodonga.
NOTE we had 28 members & guests having a meal at the RSL tonight.