ALBURY WODONGA MOTORCYCLE ENTHUSIASTS CLUB INC.
Incorporated 2015 (Vic) Cert No. A0091002P ABN 36 359 421 929
PO Box 1400, Albury NSW 2640 www.AWMEC.com.au
General Meeting – Albury Wodonga Motorcycle Enthusiasts Club (Inc)
Date: 28 March 2023 Time: 7.30 pm – (meals available from 5.30pm)
Venue : German Austrian Australian Club, 5 McFarland Road, Wodonga
To be held prior to the AGM so this will be a shorter general meeting than usual
- Welcome & Attendees (as per attendance book) Phil opened the meeting at 7.30pm. He welcomed everyone. 46 members and 4 visitors. Special mention to Ray Waring a visitor from the UK. 2. Apologies Elsie Romey, Dickie Bates, Adam Greenwood, Dave and Anne Merbach, Doug Flack, Adam Jacobs, David Shephard, Fred King, Lorne Campbell, Don Stewart, Mike Johnston, David Johnston, Allan Wilson.
- Previous Minutes
Minutes of General Meeting February 28 – as circulated
Moved – Neil Hillas 2nd – Graeme Male
Minutes accepted as correct, motion carried.
- Business Arising from Previous Minutes
- Honorary Badges –Michael Sarroff will hold this over to next meeting.
- Machine Examiners Dinner – Mike Yerbury still working on this. He will update at next meeting.
- Correspondence (In and Out) Clinton Van de Stadt, Secretary
# Invoice from Chook Chook – Registration Renewal
# Invoice from SafePak – Defribrillator.
#. Invoice from Chook Chook – email service
# Thank you letter from Tony Ryan. (Re- kindness shown by Bryan Jacobs and his wife on the Myrtleford Ride.
# Post Box Renewal.
#. Bulli Antique Motorcycle Weekend – 12-13 August 2023 – at Bulli Showground
- Membership Officer’s Report: Chris Brosolo, Membership Officer
Started with 231 members, 6 members not renewing.
new members tonight. (3)
- New member introductions: 3 new members tonight.
- Geoff Barratt – From Wagga with old dirt bikes, CBR 1100 and Blackbird.
2.. Rex Beard – 7 Honda’s on his name – ST100 Goldwing …
- Troy Coulston – from Tangambalanga – GSX 1100F – 1988
- Treasurer’s Report: David Lutton, Treasurer
Opening Balance $ 22,939.90
income & expenditure details- Raffle -675.00.
Closing Balance $ 23,614.90
NOTE Income & expenditure Spread sheet available on request
- Editor/Web Manager’s Report: Michael Sarroff, Web Manager/Editor –
Web report for March.
To help with the timing of the AGM meeting the web report was kept very short and quick for this month. Web site is coming along with a focused on some cleaning up in readiness for the AGM. Total of visitors was up there at 336 with the most visited pages of;- AGM and Rides.
We do have an easy to follow Ride Report section, where I encourage any member to submit a Ride Report. Very easy to write up a quick sentence and add a photo or two to include as a quick story of the rides we all go out on.
Next month the web report will be back with a Featured Motorcycle included.
- Welfare Officer’s Report: Michael Yerbury, Welfare Officer. Donald Peters passed away recently. Card and condolences sent from the club. Gary Enever is undergoing more surgery due to his accident hitting a wombat. Bill Brennan improving at home.
- Ride & Rally Report: Stewie Mclean, Ride Committee Chair and others.
Tony Ryan – 5th March 2023 – Ride to Myrtleford. 21 Riders, lost 2 before we got to Beechworth. (Chris Brosolo could not proceed, Bryan Jacobs stopped to visit someone), John Kontista’s BMW had issues. Great to have assistance from other members – Bryan Jacobs and his wife Mellissa – Thank you for kindness and help.
Stewie Mclean – 8 March 2023. The day started off drizzly earlier, but by ride time it had cleared. Seven riders showed for a ride to Eskdale café via Lochardts Gap. Ray a visitor from the old Dart joined us. Interestingly he commented that the price of bikes more expensive here, but petrol was about half the price. A good gossip session in the café and returned to Tallangatta.
Stewie Mclean – Sunday Ride 19 March 2023 A good group of around 20 showed for a predicted hot day. Good coffee and chats at Koetong. Some headed back and the rest lunched at Corryong. It was getting hotter, so a rehydration stop was required on the way home.
Lakes Entrance ride this weekend the 1/4/23. 17 Rooms booked! – 9.00 am start at BP. Mitta, Lockhart’s Gap, Omeo, RSL Lakes Entrance. Tony Ryan leading the ride. Sunday Return.
John McInnes will be doing the coffee Ride on the 5/4/23, ending at the Ettamogah Pub.
Michael Sarroff will be doing a Ride to Barnawartha with back up trailer. There is also an Anzac Poker Run ride (not organized by our club) 25/4/23 Anzac Day —
Neil Hillas – Nostalgic Return (Butter Ball Rally) 14/15 October 2023
There will be a bus available – please book asap as we need a min of 12 people – ( $10/$15 per person).Pick up from start point of Rally, follow Rally group around to dinner at Vine Hotel, Stewie’s trivia night and return home. 180 km Ride -Normal starting point at BP, Stopping at old Springhurst Butter Factory.
Acceptance of Reports – Moved – Kelly Coutts-Smith Seconded Graeme Male Majority in favour- CARRIED
- General Business
- Presentation of Club Member of the Year for 2022 – Congratulations to Mark Lennon, voted by members at previous meeting.
- Special Award to Graeme Male –
Certificate awarded in recognition of Graeme’s service to the AWMEC as its inaugural President from 2015 to 2018, Chairman of the Fundraising and Regalia Committee from 2019 to 2021 (with involvement prior), Bikes and Blues Committee Chair and continued support providing backup vehicle, trailer and driver on rides.
- Stewie, s Award for 2022 most Events of Club plated Bike. -Awarded to encourage owners of club plated bikes to participate in more rides. Points awarded in each calendar year 1 point for each day ride, 2 points for overnighters, Double points if bike is pre-1950.
1st Place – John McInnes. 11 points.
2nd Roger McGregor.10 points.
3rd Place Stewie McLean. 9 points
- Other items – Committee had a recent virtual meeting. Committee decided we need two new emails for President and Treasurer. These are now up and running.
- Club Regalia
Hats: $20; Stubbie Holders: $10; Stickers: $1; Sew on Patches: $10; Beanie’s & Hats: $20; Machine Badges: $20
NOTE: Embroidery Creations at 426 Wilson St, Albury can provide polo shirts bearing the AWMEC logo.
- Guest Speaker/Show and tell: Intro by Kelly Coutts-Smith, Meeting Activities Co-ordinator As we have the AGM tonight there will be no guest speaker
Members wishing to present a project bike or guest speaker at a club meeting should contact Kelly Coutts-Smith mobile (0477 814 443) to arrange a presentation time. Text is the best way to contact Kelly as she is not always able to take phone calls during the day due to work. Email is also ok – Kelly’s email is kcoutts firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technical Q&A Segment: This segment is for members to briefly raise technical questions to see if other members may be able to assist.
- Not having this segment due to AGM.
- Follow up – Michael Sarroff – Elsie needed VHS converted to digital format, thank you to Ray Patten.
- John Kirby helped with information of securing badges.
- Phil has a proposed AWMEC club business card with emails etc.
- Whiteboard: NOTE whiteboard items are also on the Club website
As per last month – For Sale :
2001 Yamaha FZS 1000 – $4000.00 Contact Darren 0435 726 236.
1988 Yamaha DT 175 – $1500.00 Contact James Shepard 0424 083 625.
1980 Suzuki GP125 $1800.00 Contact Doug Flack 0409 451 202.
1985 Suzuki VS 750 Intruder $5495.00 Contact Graham 0402 993 701.
- Raffle Draw: Prize winners:
1st Tony Ryan – Captain Morgan Rum and Meal Voucher.
2nd Stuart Moore – Chocolates and Spanners.
3rd Clinton van de Stadt – Club memorabilia.
- Lucky Door Prize – donated by Lee Botting & GAAC – Winner – Chris Brosolo.
- Meeting Close and Next Meeting- Meeting close 8.20 pm.
Next Meeting: 18 April 2023 (3rd Tuesday due to Anzac Day on 4th Tuesday), Meeting 7.30 pm, venue: GAAC, meals available from 5.30