Butterball Rally entries now closed
Butterball Rally Full Details - Download a copy
A Nostalgic Return
A not to miss event!
The Rally is for all motorcycles of any age, capacity and make.
Enjoy a weekend of comradery with like-minded motorcycle enthusiasts, socializing and riding with catering and entertainment.
- Rally Ride
- Prizes Trophies
- Scavenger Questions
- Trivia Night
- Dinner & Drinks
- Best Bikes
BOOK NOW ! “As there will be no entries taken on the day!”
CLOSING DATE is 1st October 2023
Thankyou to our sponsors
The AWMEC is an Albury-Wodonga based club formed in 2015, for motorcycle enthusiasts living principally in the NSW Riverina and North East Victoria regions. Being a motorcycle Enthusiasts club, the club is open to all motorcycle enthusiasts, regardless of whether you have a veteran, vintage, classic or modern motorcycle.
What is a Butterball Rally?
The name Butterball simply comes from the Old Batter Factory located in Springhurst Victoria.
This was the location of the 1st Butterball Rally held and hosted by AWMEC. The name Butterball Rally become an annual event stepped in tradition and widely sort after by motorcycle enthusiasts. We have a wide reach of people that enter for the weekend of activities and social enjoyment with good times had by all.
We look forward to meeting with you soon!
Butterball Rally Brief Details
Note: This is a moving rally and as you will be not returning to start point on Saturday night, you will need to carry your own gear, there will be a backup vehicle to carry your gear if needed.
Entry – $50 per entrant and $15 per pillion
When – Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th October 2023
Saturday – Check in at Rally Start point –
Wodonga Services Club
2 Havelock St,
Wodonga VIC 3690.
From 8.00 to 9.30 am for a cooked breakfast with STANDS UP at 10.00 am Thunder-Run Send Off
Saturday night – Motel accommodation is available at various locations.
Distance – Approx 180 km on Saturday and approx 100 km on Sunday. (Fuel Stops available)
Entry details as per below.
Further information you can contact the Rally Director Neil Hillas at his email
email@example.com or phone on his mobile 0438271693
Would you like to become a sponsor?
Expose your business to a big following in the world of motorcycles.
Show them your support towards our event.
Would you or your business be interested in making a donation toward our 35th Annual Butterball Rally?
We will ensure you have excellent exposure to our participants and club members.
As a club with over 240 members and the attraction of other motorcycle clubs joining in with us, you can certainly achieve excellent Business Exposure.
As a sponsor your Business Name will be proudly printed on all our advertising, leaflets, website, and merchandise including our one-of-a-kind collectable event T-Shirts available on the day.
We would be appreciative of any support you may be able to provide.
Your donation of goods, services or monies will go towards trophies, engraving and prizes for the Butterball Rally.
You can contact the Rally Director Neil Hillas email firstname.lastname@example.org mobile 0438271693
How to book now and enter the Butterball Rally
We greatly encourage you to enter early so as to not miss out!
You can secure your entry via a couple of methods.
You may download the entry form, and then 1, 2 or 3;-
- Fill out entry form and post back.
- Bring entry form to the next monthly meeting.
- Email back the entry form to Rally Director Neil Hillas email email@example.com
If paying via Direct Deposit – Ensure your SURNAME, First name is in the reference.
So get in soon and enter now!
Saturday night accommodation is available at:
- Wangaratta Caravan Park has a few cabins left. Only 3kms away from the Nth Cedars Park.
- A few motels back in Wangaratta still have vacancies. Google search.
- Cedars Holiday Park.
170 Bowser Road (between Frasers Lane & Detour Rd), Wangaratta 3678. Ph 0357215230
Website found here
Reid Street Wodonga Ph 0260438300
Website found here
- Stump Hotel
Anzac Parade, Wodonga Ph 0260563433
Website found here
Please mention Butterball when booking.
Butterball Rally Full Details
AWMEC 35th Butterball Rally 2023
Sat 14th to Sun 15th October
Dear Rally Enthusiast,
Albury Wodonga Motorcycle Enthusiast Club is pleased to be holding its 35th Annual Rally
Note: This is a moving rally and you will be not returning to the start point on Saturday night. You will need to carry your own gear! There is Caravan Park accommodation and cabins available.
The Rally is for all motorcycles of any age, capacity and make. There will be trophies for historic plated bikes as well as modern ones.
When: Sat 14TH to Sunday 15TH October 2023
Where: Rally Start point is the car park at the Vietnam Vets Club car park,2A Havelock St, Wodonga.
Saturday: Check in at the Rally Start point from 8.00 to 9.30 am. Vets Club will make available egg & bacon rolls, tea and coffee for those entering.
Day One Format Saturday:
- Riders briefing at 9.40 am Stands up at 10.00 am Thunder-Run Send Off
- There will be Corner Marshalls and special tests (requiring stopping) along the route.
- This will be a distance of approx.180 kms. Fuel will be available in Yackandandah or Barnawartha.
- Lunch will be available to purchase at the Rutherglen Hotel/s or at various other outlets of your choice.
- During the lunch break of approx. 1 ½ hrs you will need to fuel up and enjoy your lunch meal.
- Afternoon Run – 1.30 pm – Rutherglen (start), Springhurst, (a special activity that requires stopping), Nth Wangaratta(finish).
- There will be Corner Marshalls and a special test (requiring stopping) in this section.
- The afternoon run will be a total of approx 40 kms to the old Springhurst Butter Factory where judging will take place for the various categories, with the ride concluding at Nth Wangaratta.
- The day’s ride will conclude at the Nth Cedars Caravan Park (accommodation).
Accommodation – This will be at the Nth Cedars caravan park with extra accommodation available at various other locations nearby.
Evening meal – Meals will be available as per the menu and at your own cost, and the presentation of trophies will be held in the function room at the Vine Hotel.
We would like everyone to be seated by 7.00 pm. Drinks are at bar prices. There will be a Trivia quiz conducted by our own Trivia Master and raffle/s to finish up the night.
Day Two Format Sunday:
- Breakfast – Egg and bacon rolls tea and coffee will be available from 7.30 am at the BBQ area at our accommodation.
- Riders briefing 9.40am
- Morning Run 10.00 am – Nth Wangaratta (start) Mass ride out to the Eldorado Dredge Museum distance (approx. 20kms) for Rally group photos and sightseeing.
- On completion of photos, as a group, we will start to head back towards Albury stopping at Yackandandah Creek Distillery distance approx. 55kms for sampling or Gum Tree Pies for lunch.
- The rally will come to a conclusion here as some riders may wish to make their way home by different routes.
If you require accommodation on the Friday night before the Rally or Sunday night on conclusion, the following businesses are close to the Rally Start point and have helped sponsor the Rally trophies.
Please mention the Rally when booking.
- Quest Apartments Reid Street Wodonga Ph 0260438300
- Stump Hotel Anzac Parade, Wodonga Ph 0260563433
- Other Sponsors are being finalised at the time of writing
- You will be required to stop your motorcycle at different checkpoints and special tests.
- Please bring these notes with you on the day as they form part of your briefing and will give you details if case you become geographically embarrassed.
- There will be a backup vehicle and trailer following.
- If you have any questions about the AWMEC Butterball Rally 2022 you can contact the
Rally Director – Neil Hillas: firstname.lastname@example.org 0438 271 693