AWMEC POSITIONS AND ROLES – MARCH 2023 (For AGM 28/3/2023)
MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE – responsible for the management of the affairs & business of the Club in accordance with the Clubs purpose & rules under the Constitution. The Committee may also appoint subcommittees & positions to carry out specified roles & functions
MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE EXECUTIVE POSITIONS AS SET BY THE CLUBS CONSTITUTION (5 positions)
- PRESIDENT – is the chairperson of any general meetings & committee meetings
- VICE PRESIDENT – chairperson in the absence of the President
- SECRETARY – is responsible for recording minutes of all general, committee, special & AGM meetings & making those records available to members. Also responsible for keeping official documents of the Association as prescribed and lodgement of document with CAV
- TREASURER – is responsible for receiving & paying Club funds, recoding receipt & expenditure of the club & ensuring that transactions have been authorised by the committee & meet the requirements of the association. The treasurer provides financial reports to the committee, meetings & authorities as required.
- MEMBERSHIP OFFICER – is responsible for maintaining the register of members (clubs data base) in accordance with the rules & providing members with access to the register. Also maintains the member participation register in accordance with the Clubs Operating Rules
MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE ORDINARY MEMBERS – ADDITIONAL OFFICE BEARERS As per the Clubs policy.
- WEB MANAGER & Editor – responsible for making sure all reports, calendar’s, documents, information & images are received by required dates, formatting/editing them if required & posting them on the Clubs web site & ensuring that all documents on the web are current. Also edits, updates & posts the Club Notice Board
- BIKE REGISTER & RMS VIC ROADS LIAISON OFFICER – responsible for managing the records of all club permit bikes through AWMEC (on the Club’s data base) & liaising with RMS & Vic Roads re Permit Scheme & club related matters. Also provide up to date information on the RMS & Vic Roads schemes to members.
- WELFARE & FELLOWSHIP OFFICER – to contact fellow members who may be ill or requiring support on behalf of the club & promoting a spirit of fellowship within the club
- MEETING ACTIVITIES COORDINATOR – to organize & manage guest speakers, bikes or other items likely to be of interest to members at regular club meetings
- CLUB CONSTITUTION & RULES OFFICER – to advise the Committee on the management & application of the Clubs Constitution, Rules and Policies
NOTE – Members of the Executive may also be elected to fill one of the above additional Office Bearer positions in which case that position would be deemed to be filled and not require an additional Committee Member to fill that position for that year.
MACHINE EXAMINERS NSW/ PERMITS OFFICER Vic
- NSW HCRS Machine Examiners – Minimum of 2 responsible for examining members bikes under the RMS Club Permit Scheme for new NSW permits and signing renewals.
- VicRoads CPS Permits Officer – 1 person to examine and approve bikes for new Vic club plates and can also sign renewals (note: Vic renewals can also be signed by the Club President, Secretary & Treasurer)
- RIDE COMMITTEE – consisting of approximately 5 members, responsible for organizing & overseeing club rides, producing the ride calendar & maintaining a record of those attending rides to go into the participation register & data base
- RALLY & EVENTS COMMITTEE – consisting of at least 4 members, responsible for organizing the Clubs annual rally plus other events such as show & shine etc. Also responsible for maintaining a record of members attending for participation register
- FUNDRAISING & REGALIA COMMITTEE – consisting of at least 3 members, responsible Club fundraising activities including meeting raffles & for the management of Club regalia.
- Networking with External Clubs and Groups Committee – consisting of at least 3 members, responsible for Club liaison, networking, communications and activities with other motorcycle clubs.