ALBURY WODONGA MOTORCYCLE ENTHUSIASTS CLUB INC.
Incorporated 2015 (Vic) Cert No. A0091002P ABN 36 359 421 929
PO Box 1400, Albury NSW 2640 www.AWMEC.com.au
General Meeting – Albury Wodonga Motorcycle Enthusiasts Club (Inc) MINUTES
Date: 22 March 2022 Time: 7.34 pm
Venue: German Austrian Australian Club, 5 McFarland Road, Wodonga
- Welcome & Attendees
55 Members as per the sign in book
Raff Gangi, Mark Lennon, Kelly Coutts-Smith, Allan Wilson, Chris Brosolo, Peter Leddin, John McInnes, Wayne Penny, Troy Shipard, Steve Millich, Glenn Withers, Peter Mayne.
- Previous Minutes
Minutes of General Meeting February 22nd 2022 – as circulated on 17/3/22 Moved – Michael Johnston, Seconded Neil Hillas – carried
- Business Arising from Previous Minutes
- Some members not getting emails – currently being followed up by Michael Sarroff Michael has some answers – seems that there were some spelling issues with email addresses. Approach Michael with your current details.
- Meeting time brought forward to 7.30pm (from 8pm)
- Kelly Coutts-Smith to come back with raffle change ideas
- Correspondence (In and Out) Sam Trabant, Secretary
- Membership Officer’s Report: Glenn Kimpton, Membership Officer
Started with 205 members, 4 new members tonight, 209 members overall Moved: Glenn Kimpton Seconded: Sam Trabant – carried
2022 Membership fees now overdue
- New member introductions:
301 William Frew
302 Ben Sheck-Townsend
303 Michael Golden
304 Derek Csorba
- Treasurer’s Report: David Lutton, Treasurer
Opening Balance 1/2/22 $23,773.40 Closing Balance $ 24,339.12 at 28/2/22 David gave details of income & expenditure for February
Moved: David Lutton Seconded: Sam Trabant – carried
Income & expenditure Spreadsheet available on request
- Editor/Web Manager’s Report: Michael Sarroff, Web Manager/Editor Add to calendar feature is now active on the website.
A great deal of additions to the website to check out.
10.Welfare Officer’s Report: Michael Yerbury, Welfare Officer
Some members under the weather at the moment – nothing too serious. He will maintain contact with them.
11.Ride & Rally Report:
Stewie Mclean, Ride Committee Chair
- Tooma ride: 14 riders, Walwa morning tea, Tooma pub for lunch with a sick publican. Huge menu. On to Tumbarumba – good day
- Coffee ride, 14 riders, 20km of dirt road, good fun at Walwa
- Swanpool, 18 bikes, Maccas for breaky, Phil and Allan won prizes but didn’t pick them up
- Roger McGregor – Indian motorcycle club of Australia, 19 bikes. 2 weeks of really good riding down great ocean road and through the Barossa. Lots of shed tours and different collections. Reckless naked frolicking for photo opportunities was promoted by some. Just under 3000kms in all.
- Indian ride to Marybough, saw a few collections of special gear.
- Doug Cowie – Rutherglen show and shine, easter Sunday, grog free, fundraiser
- Adam Greenwood – introduced his daughter Christina, local artist, can do motorcycle artwork, qpprox a week to complete in oils. Christina would welcome enquiries from members
- Mike Yerbury – 2009 Goldwing bike, A mate of his has a few problems and is looking for anyone who might be able to give him some advice.
- Doug Flack – has sold his shed & working from home, advised members must book in bikes for inspection by appointment only. Thanks
- Stewie – Graeme and Evelyn are retiring from the fundraising side of Club and commented on there great contribution to the Club – they were given a round of applause.
Stubbie Holders: $8
Sew on Patches: $10
Machine Badges: $20
NOTE: Embroidery Creations at 426 Wilson St, Albury can provide polo shirts bearing the AWMEC logo.
14.Guest Speaker / Show and tell:
No guest speaker this month as this meeting to follow/be followed by AGM .
Members wishing to present a project bike or guest speaker at a club meeting should contact Kelly Coutts-Smith (0458 179 411) to arrange a presentation time. Text is the best way to contact Kelly as she is not always able to take phone calls during the day due to work. Email is also ok – Kelly’s email is firstname.lastname@example.org
15.Whiteboard: (Sponsored by Flack Engineering)
- Moto Guzzi 1968 V7 700 $17,500 – contact Terry Gay 0408 625 985
- Torque jacket with lining GTOF $80 – contact Bill Brennan 0458 294 237 • Yamaha TDM 900 G.C. $3,000 – contact Dave Sinclair 0419 985 556
Raised $ 245 gross
First – Kambrook kettle – Vincent
Second – Chairs – Allan Purcell
Third – spanner set – Bruce Ball
Fourth – Wine – John Kirby
Fifth – wine – Dave Lockley
17.Meeting Close and Next Meeting
Closed: 8:25 PM & followed by the AGM
Next Meeting: 26 April 2022, General Meeting 7.30 pm, venue: GAA meals from 5.30